Technological research and innovation aid may be requested from the Walloon region for any industrial research or experimental-development project, which is carried out by one or more companies with a business unit in Wallonia.
This financial aid may be granted in the form of a subsidy or a recoverable advance, which may cover 40–70% of the admissible expenses for a R&D project.
Applications for this aid must be made using the form available below. They will be analysed by the administration, which will draft an assessment score and submit this to an internal selection committee. This committee contacts the responsible Minister with its opinion and said Minister then makes a decision about whether to grant the requested aid.
Companies that are incorporated as commercial companies, as referred to by the Companies Code:
● active in any sector;
● of any size: SC, MC, LC;
● with any legal form: SA, scrl, sprl, etc.
They must have a business unit in Wallonia and comply with the region’s VAT and social-security regulations.
You are guaranteed to receive an opinion (be it positive or negative) within 3 months of receiving your completed file
2) Identification and signing conditions:
• Statement to be signed on the paper form
• Scanned statement, in the case of electronic submission
3) Appeal procedures:
The appeal procedures are explained in the downloadable “appeal procedures” document, which is available below:
• contact the relevant administration
• make a claim to the ombudsman for the Walloon region
• to the State Council
• make a request for cancellation to the State Council within 60 calendar days from the date of notification for the disputed decision
• The request for suspension may be submitted before, at the same time as, or after sending the request for cancellation. In exceptional cases, and under specific conditions, you may also request the suspension of the decision in cases of extreme emergency